14 Mar 2011

A Quick Trip To Bristol

Amazing I hear you cry, he is actually updating the blog within a week!

We were supposed to be going to Yarmouth for my birthday but had to cancel for one reason and another. Saturday came and we were just beginning to plan what to do for my birthday instead. Then the phone rang and someone wanted to book us in for a remap on their Smart car down in Bristol.
We decided to pack the van up and go down on the Saturday evening and then do the car on Sunday. We planned to park up somewhere in Bristol for the night. However as ever, our plans are always pretty fluid. We ended up stopping off for some chips at a nice chippy we know in Tewkesbury. Then plans changed again and we parked up at the car park just near Tewkesbury Abbey. We stayed there overnight and then in the morning headed off to complete the journey. As we arrived earlier than expected we decided to do a bit of caching. The first cache wasn't anything that special but gave me a chance to offload some trackables that I had had for far too long. The cache was called One Too Many? http://coord.info/GC1XFE2 and was at the site of an old home for innebriates.

Still having a bit of time left we found a virtual cache to do. Blaise Hamlet http://coord.info/GCF143 is an old established virtual and has been up and running since 2003. This one soon earned a favourite point. I can't really describe the place, I don't know whether we entered a fairy tale village or something from the hobbit. The pictures below really don't do it justice and all I can say is that if you are ever in the Bristol area, do go and visit this one.

























The houses are still lived in and I have to say that it takes a lot for me to say I'd like to live somewhere, but I could quite easily live here.

The final cache of the day was on the way home. This has been on my watch list for a while and on the GPS for just as long, Bunker R http://coord.info/GC2HRAP I can't for the life of me think why it was on my watch list or why I had been so determined to do it at some point.  I picked up a trackable here, not one that I have seen before, called My Trackable Two Cents, attached to a bee which was probably a sign as at the moment we are on a bee keeping course. We hope to get some bees within the next couple of months.

That's it then, a bit of caching that wasn't planned but turned out to be good fun.

I am now 4 off my 700th, wonder if I will have it by the time I add to the blog next week?

1 comment:

Fermentum said...

Haha, I did think straight away when I saw you posted again that it was very quickly after the last one!

Them houses look amazing, I love the bottom one with the 6 really long chimney stacks and the big green at the front (Good for a GeoBBQ!).

Hope to see your 700th soon. Also I noticed your not too far away from your 3000th blog view!